Saturday 6 November 2010

Personal Style: David Beckham

Personal Style: David Beckham
David Beckham

David Beckham

He is the exception to every rule: the well-dressed, articulate footballer turned ambassador who made LA Galaxy worth watching and emerged unscathed from England's World Cup debacle in South Africa. To mark the release of his new fragrance Intimately Yours For Him, David Beckham exclusively reveals to GQ.com his own sartorial rules, grooming regime and his worst style mistake (and it wasn't a haircut)…

My most important style rule? Be comfortable. But if you're buying a suit, the cut and fit have to be perfect.


I can't remember buying my first aftershave. I used to wear my grandfather's Old Spice.


The first thing I owned that I thought was stylish was the BMW convertible I bought with my first paycheque from Man United.


My post-match regime is shower, moisturize, eat well and sleep a lot.


Since moving to LA, I take more care of my skin. Especially in the sun. I use Dr Lancer sun block.

David Beckham

Is Snoop well-groomed? Most guys like to take care of themselves these days


Every haircut I've had has been good at the time. I feel happy to express myself.


The best restaurant I've ever been to is the original Nobu in LA.


The secret to making a great masculine scent? Subtlety. Your signature scent should be nothing too overpowering, something that suits the occasion


Steve McQueen is my style hero. But Mick Jagger in the Sixties looked very cool.


How do you dress well for a wedding? Good suit, clean shoes.

David Beckham

What's the worst outfit I've ever worn? Matching Gucci leather outfits to a Versace party with my wife - wrong on so many levels!


The most common style mistake men make is wearing the wrong shoes.


There have been a few vain footballers that I've met. But it's not fair to name names…

David Beckham

Every man should have Jay-Z, Dean Martin and Coldplay on his iPod.


Should you let your wife buy your clothes? Why not?
David Beckham

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...